Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"For Auld Lang Syne"



A quick and simple New Years layout to share! I fell in love with the rich golds and deep yellows in this My Mind's Eye line. I thought it was perfect for a photo of my sisters and I on New Years eve a couple of years ago. This is a pretty simple layout; what makes it so rich is the textures.
Scrappin Tip: Ink your edges! Start lightly and layer to reach the desired darkness you're looking for. I use sponge-dobbers because I feel they give a really even look but your every day sponge will work too! I even sponged the edges of my photo.
To achieve a shiny and layered look to my letters, I sprayed them with TWO mists. First I used Maya road's Sunflower yellow and while it was still wet I used Tattered Angels Wheat fields. They ran together and created this awesome effect. It certainly gives a nicer effect than an off white, matte chipboard letter. Give it a try! All mists and letters are at low, low prices with Scraptease's clearance sale happening now. Thanks for dropping in! ~ Designer Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment