Thursday, November 3, 2011

Creative Ticket Tutorial!



A new month and a new holiday is already creeping up on us. Christmas is a fave of mine to be sure and I know we scrappers are a big fan of the Christmas lines! Who doesn't love all those sparkles, animals, bright lights and soft snow? My Mind's Eye 'Holly Jolly' line was one of my favourite releases and I still have tonnes of it!
I'm sharing a quick and creative way to spruce up a ticket or gift card. I just recently bought my mom a ticket to the 'Victorian Christmas Home Tour' in Vankleek Hill where we get shuttled around from house to house which have been professionally decorated for the holidays. Lots of shopping and taste testing to be done along the way! Awesome Right? The ticket, though? Not so exciting. It was the Pay Pal receipt. For that reason, I got to creating this adorable little house to give to her instead.
~Hand draw your separate pieces.(House, roof, chimney, door)
~Cover all pieces with patterned paper. (even the backs) I chose to sponge and sand the edges.
~Build your house using glue or dimensionals.
~Add your words behind the door and use a brad that will spin to reveal its contents.
~Find a great lace or ribbon to act as snow or lights along your roof top.
~Add snow in whatever material you have lying around.
Voila! A quick and thoughtful way to deliver your gift! I put the details of the trip on the back so she wont forget. I'd love to hear of other great ways to spruce up a ticket or gift card.
Thanks for checking in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment