Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kemptville Apprentice - Fundraiser

My sister, Julia O'Grady has an event planning business In The Moment Party and Event Planning she is very community oriented and loves to host not only her client's events but also her own events that gets the community working together. February 24 she hosted a fast-paced, intense event that required team work and community involvement.  Three teams were chosen from the volunteers and were challenged to create, put on and pull off a successful fundraising event in only 29 days.

I personally attended one of the events in which my mother was a volunteer on Julia's team. The Big Brothers, Big Sisters Of Leeds-Grenville Team hosted "Beat The Blahs", a cocktail party and silent auction. This is a charity that is close to my heart. I was a big sister for a short period of time after witnessing my neighbour, a friend of my fathers who was a Big Brother and seeing my sister join the program.


Julia and her little sister Amanda have had an incredible relationship. Amanda became part of our family too, and many years after the program was over for them, they continue to be very close friends and Amanda is what I would consider a part of Julia's family. Dare I say that I was almost jealous growing up as they had the "sister" relationship that I wish I had with my sister. That being said this program was an incredible journey for everyone involved.


Amanda, my sister's "little sister", Lindsey from Big Brothers Big Sisters, my sister Julia and me.



Jamie and Mark
(little and big brothers)



Here are some of the great auction items that were up for bid:


This beautiful tutu was donated by Urban Trends from right here in Carleton Place. I believe it went for $50!




This is what I won! A beautiful pendant from Beads and Buds


We donated a cricut cartridge, I believe it was "Give a Hoot".  There were many other items not shown here and the evening was alot of fun and a great success. For more info check out this link

Oh and I have to mention the BEST part! I won the door prize!!! A $285 Gift card from VIA Rail, 1 night with breakfast for 2 in a Novation Room at Novotel Montreal and $100 spending cash! Yeah me!


No comments:

Post a Comment